Welcome to the
NHHS School Counseling Department
The goal of the School Counseling Program at North Haven High School is to assist all students toward success academically, personally/socially, and vocationally. The School Counseling Department is located within the Student Services Office. It is located on the first floor of the building and serves as a primary source of information throughout high school. Please encourage your child to stop by at any point with questions or concerns! We are always happy to see you and help!
SCHOOL COUNSELING RESOURCES
- The Student Success Plan
- For Athletes
- Community Service Opportunities (Pre-Approved Sites in the local area)
- Public Act 21-46: An Act Concerning Social Equity and the Health, Safety, and Education of Children
- Freshman School Counselor Meeting Guide: An overview and welcome to Freshman students and parents. Please contact your child's School Counselor for any further details or concerns.
- Freshman Parent Night Seminar: Presentation
- Junior Parent Night Presentation was held on November 30th. An overview of the post-secondary process will be presented by Alisa Ocone, Admission Counselor and Bruce Weckworth, Interim Director of Admissions from Albertus Magnus College. Financial Aid presentation was delivered by Michelle Cochran, Director of Financial Aid.
- During the month of December, Counselors will be meeting with all their juniors to review the post-secondary planning process.
- Post-Secondary Planning Workbook: This workbook is designed to direct students in the post-secondary process. Student have been giving a printed copy and more copies are available within our office.
- Transcript Release Form
- Post-Secondary Planning Guide: This is the step-by-step guide on how to apply to college, community college opportunities, Armed Forces and local Trade / Technical Programs.
- School Profile 2022-2023
- How to Pay For College Evening event was held on Sept. 28th. If you were unable to attend, please contact your child's school counselor for more information; we do have booklets available in our office and contact information for Charles at Vaylark Financial Services. You will find the same professionally recorded presentation that was delivered at NHHS.
- Class rank and GPA was released on September 30th. Students can access this information in their Naviance account. Please don't hesitate to reach out to their counselor for more information. Rank is out of a total of 201 students; it is weighted and exact. GPA scale is out of a 4.0 weighted scale. We do not report unweighted GPAs.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Public Schools of Choice
In accordance to State of Connecticut law (Connecticut Education Law 2001-Sec. 10-220d), each local and regional board of education shall provide access to technical high schools, regional agricultural centers, interdistrict magnet schools, and charter schools. Below you will find links to various schools of choice and information about the various applications.
221 Elm Street, North Haven, CT 06473
Phone: 203.239.1641 Ext. 2800 Fax: 888.734.6239